The holiday season is a time for celebrations and gift giving, but it also brings the added stress of high expectations. Get free, confidential help to live a more balanced life from the Deer Oaks Employee Assistance Program (EAP). For employees, when holiday stress gets to be too much, free EAP services can be a lifesaver.
Through EAP, employees and their dependents, have access to a variety of counseling, referral and consultation services to address anger, anxiety, depression, grief, marital/family problems, substance abuse and work-related difficulties. Specific to the holiday season are the following services and information:
- Assistance locating local volunteer opportunities.
- Counseling to assist with cases of the holiday blues.
- Financial tools to help budget for the holidays.
- Tips on how to make the holidays less stressful.
Moreover, one-time annual reimbursement of up to $45 for cab services are available to employees who may be impaired by a substance or extreme emotional condition through EAP (visit DeerOaksEAP.com for details). EAP services are available throughout the year. Other services that may be of interest to employees include the following:
- Advantage Legal Assist – Free 30-minute telephone consultation with a legal professional
- Advantage Financial Assist – Unlimited telephone consultation with a financial counselor
- ID Recovery – Free 30-minute telephone consultation with an ID recovery professional
To learn more or to take advantage of these services, visit Deer Oaks EAP Services, select “Member Login,” and enter “cityofirving” when prompted for username and password. Deer Oaks EAP representatives also are available via phone 24/7 by calling (866) 327-2400.
To keep up with EAP benefits, employees are encouraged to visit the site on a regular basis. Links to the EAP newsletter are included in “Employee News” every month. Available in supervisor and employee versions, the monthly e-publications provide helpful resources and information to all team members.
Remember, EAP services are free and completely confidential. For more information, contact Senior Employee Relations Advisor TeRena Colbert or call (972) 721-7704.